Inspired by Skye Autumn from Sanctum
I’ve done quite a few gender-bent outfits for females, but never one for the guys! I got this request a while ago and absolutely loved the look of Skye, so I decided to do a fall gender-bent outfit inspired by her in-game outfit.
Style Tip: Take matching to the next level by pairing unique colors together. Keep colors in the same tone family, like this dark teal shirt with a dark orange watch, to keep the look consistent.
1. I layered a few different pieces to create a more masculine translation of her armor. // Jacket: Forever 21 - Coated Moto Jacket, $43 / Sweatshirt: Tilly’s - Standard Supply Sweatshirt, $37 / Shirt: Joe Browns - Expedition Shirt, $28 / Jeans: American Rag - New Cure Jeans, $180
2. This orange watch brings the color accents of her armor into the outfit in a modern, minimalistic way. // Watch: Target - Timex Watch, $32
3. I couldn’t resist adding these shoes. The look of them, the lines, the colors, everything… It makes me think of Skye’s armor, plus it adds a sport feeling to the outfit. // Shoes: Piperlime - Onitsuka Tiger Mexico Shoes, $85
Inspired by The Kid from Bastion
I absolutely adored the style and gameplay of Bastion and wanted to bring the main protagonist to life in this mens outfit. I paired bright and soft hues to give the same color effect as the game and went with an urban look.
Style Tip: High tops are a great way to bring color into an outfit. Pair with a sleek, slim jean for a put together look.
1. I really wanted to mimic The Kid’s signature red scarf and went with a stylish checker print paired with a graphic tee and cardigan. // Scarf: Scotch and Soda - Woven Checkered Scarf, $79 / Top: Zalando - Gsus Sindustries Graphic T, $60 / Cardigan: H&M - Fine Knit Cardigan, $25
2. I really liked the industrial cog look of these rings and thought they added to the urban feeling of the outfit. // Rings: Williams-Sonoma - Antiqued Wooden Ring, $38
Inspired by Knuckles from Sonic the Hedgehog
This outfit features all the spunk and toughness of Knuckles, but with an urban flair. I wanted to do something casual, but that goes with the Sonic and Tails outfits from my latest vlog.
Style Tip: High tops are fun for casual outfits, but can be difficult to be done “right”. Try to chose a pair that’s one color, with a few different textures on the shoe. These look a lot more mature than multicolored high tops and are a little more versatile.
2. Classic wayfarer shades make this outfit like youthful and fun. // Sunglasses: Nelly - Price Basic Sunglass, $20
3. I chose a bright red watch with a sporty look to incorporate the speed of the Sonic games. // Watch: Macy’s - Adidas Watch, $40
4. I found these bright red high-tops that pulls together all the red elements of the outfit together. // Shoes: Zalandoa - Supra Skytop, $115
CLOTHING LIFE HACKS
Also good if you get blood on your clothes: spit on it. Helps break up the blood. (Also, mix vodka with water in a spray bottle to help deodorize clothes. Works like Fabreeze, but without the scents they have in that stuff.)
reblogging this to save this